PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Out Problem

Missmetz
03-12-2002, 12:36 AM
Hi,

using the code below to make my flash menu disappear when the cursor leaves the menu in an HTML page- What's happening is, when the cursor is over the meny button, the button is looping from UP to OVER , or the button state is competing with this code... making it seem like its looping...The menu does disappear, so that works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks -- C.

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse) == 0) {
closethismenu;
}
}

farafiro
03-12-2002, 06:02 AM
Is closethismenu a function u made, seems so to me,. Anyway try this:

if (!hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse)) {
close this menu}
}

Missmetz
03-12-2002, 12:54 PM
Hi, That code came from someone in this forum, I tried yours, and it's still doing the same thing. The menu buttons are 1 color in up state and another color in over state, when movie played, menu buttons looping from up to over. Weird- when I change the action of the navigate button to say "stop" at this frame... menu works right but won't disappear on mouse out. I'll mail the .fla to you if you have the time. Thank You for your help!!!

C.

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 01:03 PM
can you zip it up and attach the file here if it's not too huge?

K

farafiro
03-12-2002, 01:04 PM
Well seems that u should add nextFrame() action to the button In its MC
any way I don't mind mailing the fla, but try posting it here in *.zip fotmay for the most benfits (more guys will b able to give lott openions)

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 01:06 PM
also do you have another bit of code defining "closethismenu" in your .fla? (function) maybe post that too? though it sounds like it's a frame thing

K

Missmetz
03-12-2002, 01:13 PM
You guys are awsome... here it is zipped up. The "closethismenu" code is under the navigate MC on the main time line, and I have the "hit" button in the MC, but there is no code under it. Thank You!

C.

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 01:20 PM
after a brief glance, I can't see a function anywhere for closethismenu? will try to get back to you in a bit though, just got given some work work to do :0(

K

Missmetz
03-12-2002, 01:26 PM
The code is in layer 1, which is the MC "Navigate Site" - C.

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 01:30 PM
that's the onclipevent code though isn't it? Like Farafiro said, in that snippet you seem to call a function called closethismenu, it's that second bit of code info I'm looking for. ??

K

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 01:35 PM
off the top of my head, maybe just try naming your mc instance ie navigatesite (it's not named at the moment u c) and then using:

_root.navigatesite.gotoAndStop ("start");
}
}

but I'll have a proper look again later if you want to stick with the function, though I don't think you need to.

(I must stop trying to draw in Illustrator and pay attention to the forums at the same time *slaps wrist*)

Missmetz
03-12-2002, 01:35 PM
closethismenu;
}
}

That is all the code that is in the MC, layer 1, on the main time line.

The "navigate site" MC, has the code, on mouse over, go to and play "up". that's it, that's all the code-

C.

farafiro
03-12-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey first of all u didn't make the (closethismenu) FUNCTION

Second, all u had to do is to spacify a (rollOut) action to the Navigation button that tells it to gotoAndStop the collaps state

gwd
03-12-2002, 01:37 PM
"closethismenu"? New in Flash MX?
Maybe you should difine the function of "closethismenu"!!!!

BUT..... this should be work:

gotoAndStop(1);
}
}

gwd
03-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Hi farafiro,

We post it almost at the same time, hahaha!

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 01:41 PM
and yet again it seems I am invisible

:mad:

K

farafiro
03-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by gwd
Hi farafiro,

We post it almost at the same time, hahaha!
I was faster by
1 min
60 sec
60,000 mil sec

and that's too much in flash

lol
:D

Also 1 min to fix a fla is ..... (will let u say it)

gwd
03-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Hey Pinkaboo,

How are you?

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 01:48 PM
what?
you mean you can see me?

gwd
03-12-2002, 01:50 PM
come on, my way was better, take a look at the fla. What you have done is not working 100%.

gwd
03-12-2002, 01:53 PM
pinkaboo, I can c u, maybe because I've a verry big screen (just kidding)!

farafiro
03-12-2002, 01:54 PM
heheheheeeeeeeeeee, Is It. so y it's posted here
:p

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 01:58 PM
come on, my way was better, take a look at the fla. What you have done is not working 100%.

was that aimed at Farafiro then?

K

hrrumph (still miffed)

gwd
03-12-2002, 02:02 PM
We miss a chatroom here pinkaboo! I'm going to continue my work now. I'll C U later guys!

Ricod
03-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Poor pink :( ... after all the messages of love you spread ;) ... We shall give those two the silent treatment ! :D

<farafiro and gwd> ...

Missmetz
03-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Hi- ok, I'm now thoroughly confused, but closer-- RWD- your code works as far as the menu buttons not "blinking" - but after being placed in HTML, the menu disappears when you roll up or down, not left or right. Again, thank you for giving me this help--

C.

farafiro
03-12-2002, 02:13 PM
oh no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I don't deserve that
pls

No
No
No
No drowning

pinkaboo
03-12-2002, 02:17 PM
Hi- ok, I'm now thoroughly confused, but closer-
oops sorry!

- RWD- your code works as far as the menu buttons not "blinking" - but after being placed in HTML, the menu disappears when you roll up or down, not left or right.
that's not the fault of the code per se, just that your mouse leaves the swf but thinks it's still over the mc because it didn't touch anywhere in your swf that released it (I think)

K

Missmetz
03-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Pinkaboo- EXACTLY what I was thinking cause it works in TEST MOVIE- so what now, make the buttons not stretch the width of the movie?

How do I make a function for closethismenu? That code worked as far as menu disappearing in all directions...

C.

gwd
03-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Hey Missmetz,

You're keeping me away from my work.

////////////////////////http://xianproject.cjb.net/////////////

gwd
03-12-2002, 02:46 PM
Why is the button there?? I broke it apart and it's seems work perfect now????

Missmetz
03-12-2002, 02:56 PM
That button was the original HIT only button, when I first created it- It doesn't have any function-

C. How do I give "closethismenu" a function-