PDA

View Full Version : Flash on top of html

samroni
03-16-2006, 08:54 PM
This may be difficult to explain, but I don't have an examine to show you. I have a Flash menu that will be integrated withan HTML page. When the user rolls over the menu buttons, some of them have submenus which dropdown below the main button. This is where I run into the problem. I want the submenus to appear on top of the HTML page. The submenu links should appear overtop of the current HTML page. It should work just like a javascript menu, except it needs to be Flash.

i know it has to have script like the followings... but i dont know how to use it..

style="position: absolute; z-index: 1; left: 0; top: 0" set this to upper-left position in the browser window.

can anyone help?

samroni
03-16-2006, 09:10 PM
it seems i found the answer myself... you put it in <object> tag....

cheers

samroni
03-16-2006, 09:21 PM
another question though.... i've seen a banner in yahoo or google... if you roll-over the banner... the animation go beyond flash boundary... how can that be possible?

for example you have a 500x200 pixel banner... then if you roll-over it... the banner suddenly enlarge its heigth and becomes 500x400 pixel

can anyone help me how to make this?

dmolanphy
03-16-2006, 10:31 PM
banners are evil.

Having said that, there are several ways to make that happen:

1. Transparent Window in Flash
2. Javascript

samroni
03-16-2006, 11:44 PM
nono... i dont intend to make banner^^ this is for my own site^^

uhmm... really javascript??

i've seen my previous company did that.. but i forgot how to do it..

oldnewbie
03-17-2006, 12:56 AM
http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/dhtmlflash.htm

But add the wmode=transparent parameter to the embed tag as well, for other supporting browsers, other than IE.

They didn't add at the time, Netscrap not then supporting it.

samroni
03-17-2006, 10:49 AM
i see... i've tried it and it worked in IE... alas, its not working in firefox =(