PDA

View Full Version : Flash MX frame limit work around? :(

najamd
03-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm planning to make a presentation with a video on the side. The video will be of 20 minutes and at 25 frames per second. I will need to show slides on the side as the video is being played on the site. I know that flash MX has a frame limit of 16,000 frames per timelime and was wondering since this video is going to be 30,000 frames how is the best way to work around this problem in flash MX without breaking the video in half.
Thanks in advance,

Najam D.

Xeef
03-24-2006, 03:00 PM
best way to work around this problem in flash MX without breaking the video in half.

how to make a perfect circle wich hase atleast 6 corners ?

you CAN'T

najamd
03-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Even with scripting, it cant be done?..

Xeef
03-24-2006, 05:38 PM
as long you don't wana break the file NO (not sure what happens when you have more then 16000 frames (never had such an amount :p )
but either you can't load in to the IDE or the rest is cuted away
either way how do you wana fix this whit AS ? the rest od the movie isn't there !

you can break the file in 2 pices
play the first (the second is stoped and invisible)
if the first is ready start the second and make it visible

najamd
03-24-2006, 05:50 PM
funny thing is the client i need to get this done for.. is the same client who pushed me to pass the 16,000 frame limit last time.. LOL... and now he is throwing at me a video with 30,000 frames...

anyways.. can i do something by loading with scripting flv and watching the frame count and make scripting to pull slides as video hits key frames... i dont know.. is that possible..

and how do load flv?..

thanks,

JDowzell
03-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Hmm...
Now, my method is probably not for you, but i'll suggest it anyway.
Couldnt you use scenes? Like cut the moviefile in half at a part where not much happens, and then stick one half on one scene, and another half on the next?
Or does the flash limit account for the total .fla file, rather than just the scene.
Just a newbie trying to help :o