PDA

View Full Version : Flash projector function call

archikev1
03-16-2002, 04:16 AM
I'm trying to link a button in a Flash projector to a function call (chromeless window) & am having problems. Rescue me!!

jimburton
03-16-2002, 08:30 PM
What kind of function call? If you're dealing with a projector file then I presume it's fscommand, and I don't really understand the idea of a chromeless window in that context (ie, not in a browser)??? Elaborate please... :)

archikev1
03-16-2002, 11:31 PM
I'm developing a stand alone web browser and I dont want to view the standard menu items and so forth at the top of the window of the next page called. Therefore all links will be opened in a chromeless window 600x600. A remote will follow throughout for extra navigation. This function call must trigger this...
function openIT() {
theURL="http://linkX.htm"
wname ="CHROMELESSWIN"...
using this script...
"javascript:openIT();"

Either this or somehow make the action (mouse click) an exe to trigger this function..either way is OK

If you need anymore Nfo, feel free to post back.

Kev

jimburton
03-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Well that should be doable - see the tutorials section on using javascript calls to open new windows but in brief you can go (in the swf):

getURL("javascript: void(0);openIt();");//this could be triggered by a button or just on a frame...

and that will call the function in the webpage. Does that answer it?

archikev1
03-18-2002, 02:19 AM
Remember, I am opening a window from a Flash player (standalone) not from the html....
this is what you get from the frame action
...syntax error...
The action tries to load the page-
http://geturl("javascript:void(0);openIt();");/

sorry
archikev1

jimburton
03-18-2002, 09:03 AM
Some confusion over terms here - 'chromeless' means to me a browser window without the usual toolbars etc...but if it's a projector file you can't use javascript at all. You could use fscommand("exec" .. to launch the browser and have it start with a page of html containing the javascript needed to make it chromeless, but this is theory for me - I've never done it.

Chip in you "exec" afficionados...

good luck with that,

archikev1
03-18-2002, 10:55 AM
You are correct concerning the action. This is where I get stuck. Maybe somehow exec the chromeless to open....
Do you have any ideas about getURL to a page that would only open for mSec. and redirect to the chromeless then close automatically? I've got the script to work to open the redirect which in turn will open the chromeless. Just need to close the redirect without really noticing it even opening.
Thanks for the theories so far...
Let's whip this one!
Kev