PDA

View Full Version : Do I need Dreamweaver for this ? ...

GoldRain
03-18-2001, 11:17 AM
My movie is 800 x 500 and I want it to align in the very middle of the page when I publish it. I can use Dreamweaver and embed it with center tags and that works fine, but is there a way to do it from Flash ?. I have set the alignment in the publish settings to center for both vertical and horizontal but it still sits in the top left corner of the browser.

Should I just use Dreamweaver ?

Thanks for your time,
Stephen.

mgb
03-18-2001, 03:57 PM
Yes that old chestnut! I fixed it once by inserting the <center> tags in the published html file.

~mgb

Jesse
03-19-2001, 01:53 AM
Flash's HTML export feature is still pretty damn basic. It's rpobably the weakest part of the publish mechanism. I always use Dreamweaver to insert and manipulate my movies.

Cheers

Jesse

GoldRain
03-19-2001, 07:35 AM
Jesse, you answered a question for me the other day about using the publish settings in Flash to make sure it is an exact fit and scalable with the browser. SO, does Dreamweaver have the ablility to do this to embedded Flash movies ?

Thanks.

Jesse
03-19-2001, 08:00 AM
That depends. You can do Exact Fit in the scale drop down from Dreamweaver but this will distort the dimensions of your movie and I hate it.
I generally make my movies the right scalable dimensions for their environment. If they're going to run as standalones I use 640 x 480 and if they are going to run in a browser I make them about 300 x 500. This way they scale well within a maximized browser.

Cheers

Jesse

GoldRain
03-19-2001, 10:05 AM
Thanks again Jesse :)