PDA

View Full Version : I'm a moron

Ze0h4x
04-12-2006, 03:11 AM
I dont know how flash works, but I have a flash template... I need to change like the titles and stuff in it but this isn't ... normal. There's 300 items in the library, and I'm pretty sure I know which ones I want to change but I just don't know how.

Many of them are labeled 'Tween #', and some are .png or link#.

Basically I need to edit the text on some of the page's titles, and the names of the links (when you hover over), possibly insert a vertical scroll bar if it doesnt automatically show up, and (hopefully) simple stuff like that. No actionscript needed... I hope.

oldnewbie
04-12-2006, 03:42 AM
So what are you asking? For one of us to do it for you for free?

Ze0h4x
04-12-2006, 07:54 PM
who said free?

i mean by all means, if you want to be awesome, go for it. otherwise... pm me

or just lead me to tuts for stuff like that ^^;;

i mean i'm not gonna fork out dough but... yeah, i'd actually rather get tuts that help me understand that or a guide or something because i wanna learn flash too, not just pay people to flash for me =X

but i need this done for an assignment due within a couple weeks so it must be done by then.

oldnewbie
04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
PMed you.

Ze0h4x
04-30-2006, 02:52 AM
RESSSPONNDDDD

i been trying to get ahold of u for a while =(

thro pm and email.... ===\\\

oldnewbie
04-30-2006, 03:57 AM
You know, you're not the only one asking for help... And you did take a while to get back to me... Maybe tomorrow morning... But no promises... Big family brunch tomorrow! ;)

oldnewbie
04-30-2006, 04:39 AM
Ok! Had a quick look at your template .fla... Awful coding as they all are...

Need to know what you precisely need changed... As you really never said so!

Ze0h4x
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Basically I need to edit the text on some of the page's titles, and the names of the links (when you hover over), possibly insert a vertical scroll bar if it doesnt automatically show up, and (hopefully) simple stuff like that. No actionscript needed... I hope.

if you look at my website .swf
(
http://www.sorbose.com/personal_spider.html
)

you see default text.

i need that changed.

I'm gonna say thats about as accurate as i can get

P.S. i own the fla and stuff, i just dont want to post it publically, cuz then everybody has it =X
P.P.S. I contacted you oldnewbie

oldnewbie
05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
I've answered you back! PM that is!

CyanBlue
05-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Can you guys decide on one method??? I don't think there is any reason why we should all know who's PMing who and whatnots... :D

Flash Gordon
05-01-2006, 09:51 PM
if you look at my website .swf
(
http://www.sorbose.com/personal_spider.html
)

you see default text.

i need that changed.

I'm gonna say thats about as accurate as i can get

P.S. i own the fla and stuff, i just dont want to post it publically, cuz then everybody has it =X
P.P.S. I contacted you oldnewbie

If you don't have it done yet, I'd be willing to take a look at it. Changing text should be VERY easy. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to change and email back to you. BTW, I wont charge.

If you still need help, PM me the link to ALL the source files (inlcuding any xml or anything else), as because I hate working on project and getting compiler errors because someone didn't include everything.

} Else {

Glad you got it done.

oldnewbie
05-01-2006, 11:38 PM
There ya go! An expert will take care of you... And won't even charge you!

As he said, glad you got it done... I'm out!

As for CyanBlue, nobody's forcing you to follow any particular thread... So if you're not interested, just don't!

CyanBlue
05-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Well... I was interested because I wanted to know what sort of moron (s)he really is and PM does not tell me much...

Oh, don't forget to let me know when you guys are done PMing so that I can remove this thread...

oldnewbie
05-02-2006, 12:55 AM
If it's just on account of me, now that FG is envolved, you can delete it whenever you want!

Flash Gordon
05-02-2006, 01:20 AM
I didn't mean to step on anyone toes here. If oldnewbie had an offer to get paid, by all means I will step back. My offer way only if ON did't do the work.

Sorry if I offended anyone or broke some rules (or under bid oldnewbie).

oldnewbie
05-03-2006, 12:18 AM
If you don't have it done yet, I'd be willing to take a look at it. Changing text should be VERY easy. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to change and email back to you. BTW, I wont charge.

Ooooooooh! Big mouth has changed his mind...

Cota
05-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Some one need a time out?

- Since oldnewbie linked to this post in his signature I thought I would add to it. oldnewbie and Flash Gordon have an ongoing fued...in short, they cant stand eachother and go out of their way to drive eachother insane. My repsonse above was directed at either of them. The thing to understand is this, Flash Gordon is not a bad guy and neither is oldnewbie. Though one of them does take it too far, but I wont say which. Both guys are valuable to this forum, but they both need a good beating right now. -

Flash Gordon
05-03-2006, 12:38 AM
This was a PM to the thread start. I was nice an CC-ed it to the jerk above:
Dude, that is a lot more than what you lead me to believe in your post. I can't do all that for free. I was willing to make a couple of simple changes to some text for you (it turns out your FLA is not so simple :p Hardly nothing is labeled so there is a lot of wasted time looking for things). If you wanted to pay, it is going to get expensive.

Where do you stand with Oldnewbie do this for if you pay him? I would prefer if you went through him since he first offered. I'm sure he'll do a great job for you.

In the mean time, start searching and trying to make some changes on your own (make sure you have a back up of the orginial).

Good luck and let me know more conclusive things.

FG

Why did you ****in sent me a copy of this PM to Ze0h4x?

Please don't send me any more PMs in your Flash life again!

I haven't changed my mind about anything: you're still a jerk and I didn't retract anything.

Well I for one hope that FG's decision is a short term one. I've heard from both parties now and decided that the best course of action is probably for me to stay well out of this.

Having said that I reckon both members make valuable contributions to the site and the community, and I hope that when (when) FG returns, he and ON can both just act like the other doesn't exist; unless it's to reply and compliment the other on the quality of their post, which is often deserved on both sides.
http://actionscript.org/forums/showpost.php3?p=474333&postcount=12
http://actionscript.org/forums/showpost.php3?p=482295&postcount=19
http://actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=101814
And your sig: FG is an imbecile!

Yea....who is the bad guy here?

Cota
05-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Both of you. This stupid little fued needs to end. FG was ignorning you, yet you insist on harassing him. I dont mind it when you do it to me so much, you have your useful moments, but this is just getting stupid....Both of you, stop!

Jesse
05-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Too darn right, Cota! Above I see a mistake by FG, followed by understandable -- if IMHO overly aggressive -- reaction by OldNewbie, obviously fuelled by past controversy, followed closely by attempts to put it right by FG (post and PM).

It's a big forum. I would think that each of you could avoid each other entirely; it certainly sounds like the best solution for everyone. I doubt this is having a positive impact on either of you emotionally/personally and it's definitely not having a positive effect on the site. There comes a point where the arguing and negativity starts to impede upon the value of the otherwise highly appreciated contributions you each make in other posts.

Please stop, otherwise I'll really have to do something about it and I’m honestly trying to avoid that.

Cota
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Jesse, these two have this love hate thing going on.

Xeef
05-22-2006, 04:02 PM
http://farm.tucows.com/images/2005/12/humane_interface/language_war_monkey_knife_fight.jpg

Flash Gordon
05-22-2006, 04:30 PM
:p