PDA

View Full Version : Problems Rezising Bitmaps

Lautaro
04-21-2006, 12:55 PM
In this case i have tried JPG and PNG (24bit) versions of the same graphic. I have tried diefferent publish JPEG quality settings and also different settings for the indivdual bitmaps.

Whenever i resize a bitmap it becomes really wird and goes all wonky (not a very good description sorry). In short words it looks really bad, not in the way expected when enlarging a Bitmap. Even if i make it smalller, lets say 10%, this happens!

But it looks great on the edit timeline! It only looks bad when i test the movie.

In the individual properties of the the bitmaps there is a check box called "allow smoothing", if it is checked, the bitmaps scale normaly in the timeline edit mode, but it looks bad when i test the movie.

If i dont have it checked, the bitmaps scale badly when editing the timelin as well as when i test the movie. This is so weird, i know i have done similar things with good results before. This is something knew, can i have changed something?

mibu
04-23-2006, 01:39 PM
You may try to use this code somewhere in your actionscript:

_quality="BEST";

Lautaro
04-23-2006, 03:34 PM
It works perfectly!!!!! I had no clue about that kind of code. Why cant i get the same results from the settings??? Thank you!