PDA

View Full Version : movies within movies

benj
04-26-2006, 08:17 PM
im a n00b, hence the post in this forum :D... just wondering if some one could help. i have an idea and have a pretty good idea how im going to work it. just wondering if some ones could tell me if its possible or even if im going about it in the wrong way. bassically i want my flash page to be a like a picture of a desk with different things being clickable. once clicked i imagine it loading (another movie??)another layer of content on top of the picture which is animated etc etc then theres an "x" or something which closes the content and goes back to the picture. just so i learn the right stuff what do you recommend i learn. and for loading / file sizes purposes should i have it so when you click on something on the picture it loads another swf ontop of the picture swf? is this even possible?

any help would be great

cheers

jcalabro
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
hey benj,
well you could either keep it all in one swf by creating different movie clips for whatever you got going. You would keep you Image on root, or even in a mc. Then you could gotoAndPlay another frame with your desired mc.
OR
you could create your main movie with your image, then create addition movies with your content then with your buttons loadMovieNum("YOURSWF.swf", LEVEL);

benj
04-26-2006, 10:53 PM
with the second option is it then possible to close the content movie hence going back to the image movie in the background ?

bassically i want the image movie to stay there with the content movies showing up on top and then closing going back to the image movie :D

thanks alot

jcalabro
04-27-2006, 01:37 AM
yep,
just don't clear _root and you will be OK :)
load into and unload from _level1 up
so for example

on (release) {
unloadMovie ("_level1");
loadMovieNum ("yournextmovie.swf", 2);
}

so you drop whatever you loaded into level1 and loadinto level 2
never dropping your image on _root