PDA

View Full Version : Very very urgent......................pls help

ChildGirl
03-20-2001, 01:39 AM
Hi there,

Im quite impressed this site. Really provide me a lot of information.

Actually Im having some difficulty in Flash. Currently Im having a project where I need to include a mute sound button
in every .swf where locate in separately html page. That means when user press the mute button in .swf in one html page, when go to next html page the .swf should be mute as well. Mute button is to mute the narration.

Secondly, if I have an volume control button in every .swf, how should I pass it variables to another .swf while load it. This is different from the case above coz is a whole flash.

Wondering how should I code it???? Im reallt stuck here, and appreaciate that u can provide me in details. Pls make my life easier.

Hope to hear from u all Very very sooonnnnnnnn.
Thanks.

Jesse
03-20-2001, 01:50 AM
If you want to pass variables around between Flash and HTML files you're going to have to use a form of dynamic pages. I use PHP. See this thread:
http://www.actionscripts.org/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=743

As for the other, passing variables between Flash files is easy. You just use GetURL or loadVariables with the GET method for the variable send and your loaded movie will import the variables from the previous movie.

Cheers

Jesse

ChildGirl
03-20-2001, 01:58 AM
Thanks alot Jesse.

But would u mind in much more details????

Em...maybe a small example where include the same situation like my case?? (mute button to mute narration and be able to resume while un mute it)

I know seem like I asking tooo much but Im really very fresh in Flash, just pick up and need to solve this problem.

I appreaciate u can help me out.

Thanks

Jesse
03-20-2001, 03:08 AM
That thread is about as indepth as I can afford to get atm. I'm going to write a tutorial on it soon but I don't have much time this week.
You might also want to consider using Cookies which would prolly make it easier and more efficient for later visits. Checkout this tutorial: http://www.the-stickman.com/tutorials/f4cookie.shtml . That way you can set your cookie to store a value which each of your other flah files check and if the value (say it's a variable called 'sound') is False, then your sound clip doesn't play.

Cheers

Jesse

Jesse
03-20-2001, 04:18 AM
Don't say I never do anything for you, brand new tutorial:
http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials/intermediate/passing_variables_around/index.shtml

Cheers

Jesse

ChildGirl
03-20-2001, 05:02 AM
Thanks alot Jesse. U r great. I will try it out later on, em....but I think I will take some time to understand the coding...heheheh...wat to do, still very new in this programming world.

But I do suggest u can provide some example or source code on muting narration around pages, passing variables ....etc
Cause I went to quite a lot of forum, and they never provide any feedback for the questions related to this matter.

Hopefully u all cna provide a much more closer/ similar solutions, so that like people which is very new or like me can have a more clearer ideas.