PDA

View Full Version : Contact form question

william.h
03-20-2001, 03:36 PM
Hi all,

I have a question that you all may be able to answer. I am working on a Flash/ASP contact form, and all the form fields are being properly sent except two. The way the creative person has done it is that there is a pull-down type menu in the same layer, and when you edit the itemyou get to the area with the text fields for the pull-downs. Ie. on a mouseover the menu appears, and then inserts whatever you select into the text field for that object. This isn't passing when I do loadVariables on the respond file. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

William Highsmith

Jesse
03-21-2001, 07:26 AM
Is the variable from the dropdown being created on the _root level? I imagine the drop down is a separate MC, so make sure it's not being created in that MC.

Ctrl Enter to test your movie then Ctrl Alt V to see all variables values and paths.

Cheers

Jesse

william.h
03-21-2001, 11:57 AM
Yes, it is in a different MC. How would that effect the variable?

Thanks,

William Highsmith

Jesse
03-21-2001, 12:13 PM
That could be causing the failure. I'm not sure if variables in all levels are passed, but I think you'll find it's only those in root and therefore it's safest to set your variables in the root level rahter than within an other MC

Cheers

Jesse