PDA

View Full Version : Flash game for cellphone?

zickan
06-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi,

I was active here years ago, got a new job and a have only used flash on few occations. Recently an old client of mine called and wanted a flash game. This game needs to work with cellphones.

Is this possible?

I've been searching, but can't find any good links. Can anybody please help me? Tutorials, links e.t.c. would be nice.

Thanks!

slayer
06-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi, as far as i know you need to make the cell/mobile games with flash lite.

ive not researched this so not sure whether is a seperate flash add on or slightly different language.

but do some searching for flash lite...should bring something back:)

billingsgate
06-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Flash Lite is specifically for making mobile games. If you have Flash MX2004 or Flash 8 it should be built right in.

The only trouble with Flash Lite is that, from my understanding, no cell phones anywhere come with the Flash Lite player pre-installed. There is a limited number of handsets - usually the more expensive ones - that are capable of installing the Flash Lite player and running Flash games. But go into any phone shop and ask them which units are Flash capable and how to install it, and they'll look confused and ask if you're talking about flash memory or the "flash" button that is on many home and office phones.

Hence, there are probably very few actual end users who've installed Flash on their phones and actually use Flash Lite apps. It's a shame, since Flash animation and apps lend themselves well to the tiny screen.