PDA

View Full Version : Tree component disabled, keys active?!

flashpipe
06-14-2006, 07:55 PM
I've got a Tree component on the stage that allows users to select a node (which sets the enabled to false and sets the focus off the tree) and then they can enter data. The problem is that if they click on the tree (still disabled) they can now use the keys to navigate within the tree component!!

How do I disable the keys when the tree component is disabled??

Thanks!!

flashpipe
06-16-2006, 07:09 PM
I can't beleive no one has run into this before...would it help if I posted a sample??

Basically, you can populate a tree component with anything, set it to disabled, click on the disabled component, type the first letter of another line entry, enable the component, and...your selection will have switched!!

There's GOT to be a way to disable that...can I turn off a listener? Intercept the focus? I'll try some stuff and let you know...

Thanks!!

flashpipe
06-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I was testing to see if I can produce the same thing with the list component (since it's part of the tree component), and I CAN!! If I populate a list, disable the list and press a button, it changes the selection in the list?!

I tried pushing the focus off the list, but if the user clicks on the list, even with it disabled, it sets the focus back on it and they can change the selection again.

Any other ideas of how to intercept the keys or keep the focus off the list or tree??

Thanks!!

Xeef
06-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Hmmmm

try

//_l --> your list or tree
_l.tabChildren=false
_l.tabEnabled=false

if this isn't working you are in trubel !

flashpipe
06-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Thank you!!

This was driving me crazy and I hadn't heard anything from anyone so I was getting a bit worried. I don't know how I would've EVER figured that one out either...

Works like a charm...

Thanks again!!!

flashpipe
06-21-2006, 08:07 PM
so...how DID you figure that out??