PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and more ...

zimple
07-02-2006, 06:05 PM
OK first time post and very new flash user so be a little kind.
:)
1) (and most important) Thankyou for the fantastic tutorials on your website. After many many hours of key thumping and head scratching with flash I am finally beginning to make a slight amount of progress. This means that those of you going through the same frustration should persevere and secondly I have found the confidence to post. I know its lame but have a look at my first efforts on http://www.dajrb.plus.com/swf.htm :eek:
Also be sure I will now continue.
2) I have used a decompiler to look at what other people can do and how to do it. Sssh dont tell them. Give us a guess as to how long if I promise to try really hard before I can do this stuff.
3) Lastly (thanks for reading this far). On really compliated (to me) fla files when I look at the symbol definitions in the action script window e v e r y t h i n g s l oooooo w s down and sometimes crashes. Is this just me or ...

Good to be on board. I look forward to need ing lots and lots of help LOL:confused:

Oh by the way I know there are lots of errors in my typing above I was just seeing if you noticed . em ;)

sophistikat
07-05-2006, 03:15 PM
welcome to AS[org] :)

sunlis
07-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Welcome to the forums!
Yes, I realize that sophistikat already said that, but I wanted to feel important. :D
About the crashing issue, that's probably because your computer can't handle that much information being handled at once, so it gives up.
I had the same issue on my old PC, but I upgraded to an iBook G4 (an Apple computer).
I've had it since December-January sometime, haven't even had a program freeze, no reboots, no viruses, no worms.
Sorry, I'll stop bragging now. :D

For a first flash animation, not bad.
I posted my first animation on Newgrounds and it got blammed because some guy didn't like the background. It's a harsh world out there...
But I was wondering why you have the same swf twice on the same page....

zimple
08-13-2006, 07:57 PM
3 versions now - original, same with pan back, and 3rd with control from arrow keys.

Thanks for welcome(s) and encouragement.:cool: