PDA

View Full Version : Game

Cheechman
04-23-2002, 02:44 AM
I'm working on this really cheesey game in flash. Just something I want to get going in order to later turn into something more interesting and fun. It's basically an archer who shoots at an object. My only problem is that I can't get the code right so that when the arrow hits the object it detects a collision. I've tried many things and none of it has worked and now basically I have a mess. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to take a look at it for me (I'll send the .fla). I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

You can either reply here or send me an email:

[email protected]

mozilla
04-23-2002, 08:00 AM
you have the possibility to either post your fla or post the code you have sofar. that way everybody can profit of your learning process...

MOZ

Cheechman
04-23-2002, 11:06 PM
Sorry, I didn't know you could do that. Here it is.

mozilla
04-24-2002, 08:47 AM
hmm. your zip seems to empty pls. note that there's a file size limitation of 2 mb if i'm right... so slim your fla.

MOZ

Cheechman
04-24-2002, 04:14 PM
This shouldn't even be close to 2mb. 40k max I would say.
Let me try again, maybe I messed up before.

mozilla
04-24-2002, 05:47 PM
possible solution:

push the arrow mc's in an array and execute on the head mc onEnterFrame a comparison of _x and _y with the array of arrows.

don't forget to remove the arrows from the array (and the stage!) when they exit screen.

did that help?

MOZ

Cheechman
04-24-2002, 06:06 PM
Everything you said makes sense and sounds like a good idea. However I think that, being new to Actionscript, I'm messing something up. You can see in the posted fla that I've traced the arrow and it doesn't remove even though I try to do it with removeMovieClip(). I guess my main problem is the colision detection. Maybe could you send me a revised fla with what you're talking about? I appreciate all your help, thank you.

mozilla
04-25-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry man I'm really in a time trouble! could not throw an eye into your file sofar - and there won't be time till sunday night...

so anybody - please asist on this!

greez MOZ

Cheechman
04-26-2002, 02:37 AM
Hey, that's no problem. You've already done so much that you didn't have to. And like I said this is kind of a trial run with actionscript I'm in no hurry with it.... just wish I could get the darn thing to work hehe.

Thanks.

Cheechman
05-07-2002, 01:04 AM
Hi,

I've been away for a while and now I'm back. Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to look this over and if there are any more ideas? Thanks.