PDA

View Full Version : updateable and saveable text

steve
04-25-2002, 04:32 PM
greetings

does anyone know is it possible to create forms in flash which have text already in place which can then be personalised by each recipient and then saved with the new text in place - neither the swf or projector files appear to have a save facility. I have tried flash launching a pdf but unless each recipient has a full version of acrobat they can view and edit but not resave the new text. Same goes for producing the files as html in dreamweaver

Attached is a small jpg with a sample form, originally produced as a pdf, you can tab through each form field enter/edit you own text then the intention is to save the updated file to your desktop

The files are part of a presentation to go on CD

any ideas

thanks

Jesse
04-26-2002, 01:12 AM
If you published from Flash 5 as a projector you could use the SAVE fscommand to save the variables to the user's machine. Search these forums for more info ont he command. The syntax is:
fscommand("save","file.txt");
Note that this iwll only work if the file is published as a projector from Flash 5 as Flash MX and the Flash 6 player have had this functionality disabled to stop virus population via Flash.

steve
04-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Greetings Jesse - top man

works a treat, however as ever I have a further question, (did you look at the attached jpg?). this form will run to 28 pages
with as many as 200 text fields in it. At the moment as you go to each new page I have

loadVariablesNum ("mytext1.txt", 0);
loadVariablesNum ("mytext2.txt", 0);
loadVariablesNum ("mytext3.txt", 0); etc

these correspond to each different text field on that page

then at the bottom of each page a save button with

fscommand ("save", "mytext1.txt");
fscommand ("save", "mytext2.txt"); etc

again to correspond to each text field on that page

rather than entering all this individually is there some catch all code to load all the text fields at once, and then the same to save them as well?

thanks

steve

Jesse
04-27-2002, 10:41 AM
The save fscommand will save all variables on the timeline it's executed from (or maybe it's all variables on the root.. I forget.. it's undocumented). Either way, y ou shouldn't have to execute multiple save commands for that reason. You should be able to save all your variables at once. Assuming you don't reuse variable names.