PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Audio Crashing Browsers with Flash 9 Player

jesruiz
08-21-2006, 10:32 PM
We have a site that uses flashcom streaming and it worked great with the flash 8 player and 7 player but now that they upgraded to the flash player 9 it causes browsers to crash. I think it may be related to some older as2 syntax and was wondering if anyone has run into this issue. Im just starting to dive into as3 and spoke to someone who said to look into updating my code to as3.

Thanks
Jesse

Tink
08-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Can you give use the url please as it shouldn't crash in the new player.

jesruiz
08-22-2006, 06:41 PM
I found that its one line of my code that is causing problems...

_root.attachMovie("VSMediaPlayer", "mediaDisplay", 0, initObj);

I think its because attachMovie() isnt supported with the new player. I've been looking into it and it looks tough but I need to do it with addChild() and classes.

Jesse

Tink
08-22-2006, 07:21 PM
The new player has 2 AVM's in it. One to play previous content (AS 1.0 and AS 2.0), and one to play new AS 3.0 content.

Any previous content that ran fine in a previous player, should in theory still play fine in AVM1 in flash player 9.

so if it works in flash player 8, it should work in 9.

hbd
08-23-2006, 02:15 AM
I found some of AS1 or AS2 code doesn't work well in FP9 even if it worked fine in FP7 or 8. I had to fix some code for FP9. No need to redo it with AS3 though.

Tink
08-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Can you be more specific about what code hbd?

Thanks

hbd
08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure what the problem was exactly, since the original fla src isn't made by me. Besides it's quite big and not clean so I haven't looked everything.

Here's the part I fixed.

someMc.unloadMovie()
someMc.loadMovie("somethin.swf")

FP9 never load the external swf(works fine in FP8). so I just took off useless
unloadMovie thing and it worked.

I tried to reprduce it with simple code, but the same problem never happen.
Maybe the problem actually exists somewhere else in the code.
All I can say is FP8 and FP9 behave different way.