PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a web page layout.

mediaman
03-22-2001, 06:58 PM
I was wondering if someone could help me out. Take a look at this page layout... http://www.mathesonmedia.com/IDD.jpg

I would like to have the top and bottom elements to be continuous .swf files. The center section would be .html. I would think that I would use frames within Dreamweaver. A top frame, middle frame, and bottom frame all with the same checked background. The Flash files would then be set to window mode so that the background is transparent... right? My question is, when I script my buttons in the top flash movie to "get url", how can I tell it to load the page in the center portion? If this makes sense to anyone, could you please lend a hand, I'm fairly new to Dreamweaver and flash.

-Mediaman

Jesse
03-22-2001, 11:20 PM
Well making it with transparent Flash will make you site not very compatible with Netscape, also making the background line-up seamlessly will be very difficult.

But to answer your question, each frame will have frame NAME. So check the frameset source of your HTML to find the name of the centre frame, then use GetURL and tyep that frame name in the 'window' field of the GetURL command.

Cheers

Jesse

sudzy
04-11-2001, 07:02 AM
Ohmigod! I have spent sooo many hours trying to figure this out on my own and several more searching in every forum I know. Things should go swimmingly now.

Thank you so much!
sudzy