PDA

View Full Version : FLV hosting guidelines

swinge
08-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey everyone,

I apologize if this was asked anywhere else, I wasn't able to find anything with searches...

I was looking for general guidelines for hosting FLV content. I am NOT using The Flash COM server or Flex.

Weird how it seems like there is so little information on the Adobe site or anywhere else on what the best practice is for large media hosting. Looking for some rough guide that outlines what kind of hosting capacity you need for video with X number of users, Y file size, Z Kilobites per second, etc.

My company is building a 70 MB Flash video e-learning site (FLV compressed with On2, could render anywhere from (120KPS - 400KPS). It will have as many as 1,200 simultaneous users.

Thanks in advance for any help at all!
Larry

shotsy247
09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I don't have any recommendations as to hosting FLV content, but I would be interested in seeing, or having you explain how you are using the video with your e-learning efforts.

Thanks.

_t

CyanBlue
09-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Howdy and Welcome... :)

I don't see anything important missing if you are not streaming the FLV over the FMS... The only factor that is important to your case is the host that has enough bandwidth to manage 70MB * 1200 users * 31 day...

Yeah... I'd love to hear what shotsy247 is asking as well... ;)