PDA

View Full Version : attachSound in preloader killed dynamic textbox - help!

shmalien
03-22-2001, 09:43 PM
Have a dilemma that I can't figure out. Not sure if you've done anything like this before, but here's the scenario:

I have a music clip I wanted to use and control using the attachSound() method. The thing is, a movie preloader can't load it because of the export linkage whatsit. So, I put the music in its own swf and loaded it into _level1 in it's own preloader using the LoadMovieNum() method (got this trick online, pretty nifty). No worries there. But... in my main movie I am copying some text from an array into a dynamic textbox, which works without the music preloader. Now nothing shows up. The code hasn't changed, and I can see the text in the dynamic tb variable in the Debugger.
I have the music preloader in Scene 1 of my main movie right after my movie preloader (ie. 2 preloaders in a row). The music loads from the swf fine and works fine as well. I just can't get the text to copy from the array to the (multi-line) dynamic textbox. The funniest thing of all is that I have another array with single lines of text which copy fine to a single-line dynamic tb!
Make sense?

Please help, it's driving me nuts!!!

Thanks.
shmay