PDA

View Full Version : Controlling a MovieClip timeline with another MovieClip

kritter
09-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Here is what I'm trying to create but having real difficulty with it, if anyone can help I would really appreciated.

I'm trying to sync 2 movieClip together by having one movieClip behave like a button that rotate when drag. When that button is rotating and dragging, it sync with another movieClip timeline.

Basically, I have a movieClip with 5 different images having a fading tween animations call "main_mc". I'm trying to control main_mc timeline with another movieClip name "drag_mc".

Drag_mc movieClip needs to function like a button that when you press and drag, it can be rotate clockwise or counterclockwise, but while you're dragging it, it controls "main_mc" movieClip timeline.

So if I drag clockwise, the main_mc timeline will go forward, if it's counterclockwise, it will go backward. But basically, the rotation of the drag_mc have to sync with main_mc timeline.

Is it possible?

Sorry for the explanation, it's the best I can describe it. Thank you.

Kritter

kaptivate
04-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to do a similar thing and can't figure it out. Thanks!

audiohominis
08-09-2007, 01:36 AM
Me three :confused:

Mazoonist
08-09-2007, 02:53 AM
How far did you get? Were you able to make a MovieClip that rotates when you drag? Can you possibly upload your file?

shinki
08-09-2007, 11:03 AM
It's a very old thread so I doubt the OP will return, but what problems are you guys having with the dragging and rotating? I'm not quite sure which part you are finding difficult.

Mazoonist
08-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey shinki,

It sounded like an interesting idea, and I might be inclined to help out, but right now I don't really want to have to create it from scratch. Plus I didn't notice the age of the thread, so thanks.