PDA

View Full Version : fscommand exec embeded in browser

mtnewman
05-08-2002, 12:53 AM
I have finally managed to get the fscommand exec to work, but i can't seem to make it work through a web browser. I realise it passes the command to a javascript handler, but i don't know how to make this run the local .exe file passed in the argument of the fscommand.

I really need help with this, as i have no idea about javascript. I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Noom

farafiro
05-08-2002, 09:22 AM
what u wanna execute from a web browser??

mad_A
05-08-2002, 09:55 AM
There are some issues with browsers executing files - for security most browsers will not allow you to interact with the client machine. Stops you hacking into the machine, or causing buffer overloads.

What code are you using?

mtnewman
05-08-2002, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the quick response,

I'm trying to get explorer to open on the local machine from a web browser. I knew about the fscommand in flash, and made a small swf that opened explorer on a button press. However this command stops working when it is published in html, even when the publish settings are set to incorporate fscommands. The source code for the generated html has a section where it says 'insert your code here'. I don't know what to do. If anyone could suggest anyway of getting a program to run from a web browser i would be very grateful. I don't mind using a different browser if one supports this function.

Noom

farafiro
05-08-2002, 11:55 AM
fscommand on the web, will never let u does anything from the user's local machine.