PDA

View Full Version : movieclip swap layer

ivorh
05-08-2002, 03:12 PM
I have several movie clips on several layers. I need to be able to bring any one of these move clips to the front when the user clicks.
How could this be achieved?
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Fade
05-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Ivorh,

What version of Flash are you using?? (the solution would vary based upon this)

Thanks,
--FADE

ivorh
05-09-2002, 11:30 AM
I am using Flash MX

Fade
05-09-2002, 02:39 PM
Ivorh,

Great! I'm assuming your not trying to create windows (in which case I would tell you how to use the components that came with MX)??

Realy busy right now and this will take to much time away from work to explain good. :(

I can tell you however that you should use "target.swapDepths(depth)" and a for loop etc. etc.

Take a look inside the Dragable Pane component at the first frame actions and search for "paneList". By following this and implementing it with the attached e.g. you should be able to get it. (the e.g. is NOT finished, it is purely a test and I was in the middle of that, I just thought it might help you out a little)

Mabye another member has the time (and mabye a better solution) to help you out...

Good Luck,
--FADE

ivorh
05-09-2002, 04:45 PM
Thanks for your time - it is a lot clearer now!!!

Ivor

Fade
05-09-2002, 05:40 PM
Ivorh,

Sorry I couldn't help more... :(

Here (http://www.macromedia.com/exchange/) is a link to the Macromedia Exchange. Goto "Macromedia Flash" then pull down the "browse extensions" combo box and select "User Interface". The extension that has the Draggable pane is called "Flash UI Components Set 2" (just in case you don't already have it).

I don't know your Flash skill level but if you are not familiar with extensions, I (or another member) can help you out.

I hope you feel that your time at ActionScript.org was well spent! :D

Thanks,
--FADE