PDA

View Full Version : books etc

vosgien
05-12-2002, 05:55 PM
Hi,
I know that if I buy my books using the Amazon link here the site will benefit financially ( I think thats right ), also, my partner & I purchase a lot of non-computer books, videos and music CD's from Amazon, Q : If I enter Amazon thru' this link and purchase non computer products will actionscript.org still benefit. If so, both my partner and I will purchase product fromAmazon in this way

Cheers

Vosgien

Jesse
05-13-2002, 05:32 AM
If you enter Amazon via link from our site and purchase any product (not directly linked) we get 2.5% or something. Thanks for the kind offer :)

vosgien
05-13-2002, 06:49 AM
Jesse,

It might be worth posting that info somewhere more obvious to everyone, I'm sure I am not the only member that purchases non computer stuff from Amazon - every little helps.

Cheers

Vosgien

Meaty Okra
05-13-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm hearing all this talk about helping out the site a bit by buying books through here, but try as I have, I can't seem to find the link to Amazon. What gives?

vosgien
05-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Hi Meaty,
it's a bit of a long winded route, but click on books on the menu across the top of screen, then click on the subjuct that interest you, then click on the book title - this will take you into Amazon in order to purchase. I don't know but it might be better if actionscript provided a "buy this book" button, that would make it clearer, also a link in the first menu to non pc books/products might encourage more people

Voshien

Meaty Okra
05-13-2002, 05:27 PM
Well I feel like a moron. I guess I never actually followed through on the link. That's actually a nice, seamless solution. It would still be nice to have a blurb on the books page mentioning the stacks of cash that pour into the site when you buy using the links. Yes, stacks.

The folks in charge may already know this, but it's simple to throw a little Amazon search engine on any Associate page and have that function as well by taking you to an Amazon.com search results page and holding the Associate ID so anything bought by using said search engine will send a few cents back to the aforementioned Associate. Whew.

vilehelm
05-14-2002, 02:38 AM
I'm sure that there is a stipulation about how obvious they can make that, but you can also click on whatever book is featured at the beginning and go from there, that's how I always do it...

pinkaboo
05-14-2002, 08:19 AM
This might sound dumb but any chance of a similar link out to amazon.co.uk? I tend to click through from here to browse and then have to use the co.uk site to purchase so, Jesse, I'm guessing you don't get the benefit at the moment?!

vosgien
05-14-2002, 08:23 AM
a UK link would be good, I live in France and if I buy from Amozon US I pay thru the nose for delivery - won't get fooled again......eh !

Vosgien

Jesse
05-14-2002, 08:27 AM
In reverse order:
Pink - No idea honestly. It wouldn't be hard for us to link both .UK and .COM though so we'll do it when we get a chance.

Meaty - Your plan sounds like a good one and I think I remember seeing it in the Build A Link page on Amazon. I'll read up on it tonight.

Ta for the support all.

Jesse
05-14-2002, 12:01 PM
OK there's now a search box in the right hand column of the homepage, below the FlashAnts ad. Thanks for the idea!