PDA

View Full Version : flash sound help!

ccsong
10-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi,

I'm making a presentation where I have a narration running in the background. My sound files are pretty low quality but it sounds pretty good after i used the speech compression inside flash. The sound is fine when I use the Event Sync or Start sync but since it's a narration, i would like to use the Stream option. However, once I switched over the to Stream sync option, the sound file that ends up playing is not the compressed version of the audio but the original audio i think. I also added a fade in and a fade out on the sound file but it's not applied when I use the stream sync option (it is when I used event sync).

Can I only use the compressed audio file when I use Event Sync or Start Sync and not with Stream Sync?

help!!!! thanx!

anonymous
10-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Is this a .mp3?

ccsong
10-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi:)

I'm using a .wav file. I also had a .mp3 version of the file but for some reason when i tried to import it, it said format not supported. I'm using Flash MX Professional 2004.

Thanks!

anonymous
10-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi:)

I'm using a .wav file. I also had a .mp3 version of the file but for some reason when i tried to import it, it said format not supported. I'm using Flash MX Professional 2004.

Thanks!

Double-click the sound in the Library.
Set the Compression box from Default to MP3.
Set the Bit rate & Quality.

Under File->Publish Settings->Flash tab...
Set the Audio stream box to the exact same settings you've just used in the Library.

ccsong
10-24-2006, 03:44 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) it worked!

anonymous
10-24-2006, 10:28 PM
You're welcome. ;)