PDA

View Full Version : BORCHI.COM _14. may launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smrcek
05-16-2002, 11:25 PM
“the exploration of interaction between audiovisual forms: Borchi.com”.

http://www.borchi.com

......it ROCKS!

momentus
05-17-2002, 12:08 AM
Well, I'll admit I spent about 15 minutes or so on this site, which is a good thing. It looks very nice, it's really slick, obviously the person knows what they're doing technically and I think the audio works really well, especially in that train popup thing.

But I think the design favours looks over functionality. I couldn't read most of the text. Maybe my monitor is getting old, but these miniml fonts at like 8 point are just illegible for me, and I can't understand why someone would use such a small type point for non-print when there's a ton of room for a more legible bigger font.

Of course, if someone wants to point out to me that I need a new monitor, it'll be extra ammunition for when I tell my girlfriend I need to spend even more money on my computer :)

snapple
05-17-2002, 12:54 AM
smrcek,

sh.it me ! - Quality site, it took me a while to get round the whole site. I just kept on clicking...kept on getting deeper and deeper into one of the best sites i have seen for a while.

I suppsoe the concept is far from new, but the f/x such as the Bruce Lee section and the Piccadilly Circus section far out wieghed anything that had been done before.

Its good to go into detail when giving comments, but there was so much their, so much going on - that i am well and truly still in shock.

A truly inspiring site, that shall be visited by me over + over !
Cannot convey to you how much i was taken in by the site, time just flew by, all i wanted was to see more, experience more and more and i was never at any time dissapointed.

Loved every second of being on their, thanks again for the experience, oh, i could not read the text !!!

Snapple :)

smrcek
05-17-2002, 10:47 AM
thanx guys! yeah, it really took me quite a long time to finish it. but as you can see it's more like using flash as a container for works done outside of it.

keep checking.... maybe you didn't find all the hidden stuff.....;)

http://www.borchi.com

oh..BTW..if you can't read text, you can click on archive...cuz there's a HTML version of the same txt.

momentus
05-17-2002, 04:22 PM
A little off topic, but....

Regarding that Bruce Lee video thing (which, as snapple said, does make the site worth the visit alone), I'm presuming you edited it in premiere or aftereffects or something before bringing it into flash. Is there some sort of plugin that quantizes video to some sort of beat? All the little movie clips have a very definitive rhythm to them and I was wondering if you did it manually or not?

Thanks. Oh, and I'm glad you mentioned the archive. :)