PDA

View Full Version : Remote Object - server settings + project settings

ljonny18
10-26-2006, 04:20 PM
hi

I want to use Flex to send Data using Remote Objects.... and I have 2 questions regarding this:

1)
I am using an Installation of ColdFusion 702 but I donít think the Remoting Update was additionally installed - is it possible to install this remoting object separately, or will I have to re-install ColdFusion again selecting this option?

2)
I have created a large Flex 2 Project, although when I created it - I just built a "Basic" project within the wizard..... is there a way I can now change my project to allow for "ColdFusion Flash Remoting Service" ?????

any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon.

meddlingwithfir
10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure, but I think this link may help:

http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/

There is a ColdFusion updater that includes the Remoting components. I'm not sure if that will activate it though if it wasn't activated during installation.

There is one relevant quote though:

Remote Development Services (RDS)

Remote Development Services (RDS) lets developers access files and data sources registered in the ColdFusion Administrator on a ColdFusion server. (RDS must be enabled during ColdFusion installation.) The Eclipse RDS plugin makes it easy to access ColdFusion files remotely, view datasources, and use the visual SQL query builder. Eclipse RDS Support is supported on all ColdFusion server platforms.

That kind of sounds like it has to be done during the installation. I'd just reinstall CF -- it's a fairly painless process.