PDA

View Full Version : The Basics

samion
03-25-2001, 11:11 PM
I know html and some asp and now I want to incorporate some flash effects/buttons into my sites.
What I understand (please corredt me if I am wrong) is that you create a "movie" (which is actually a web page) and somehow I import it into the asp or html page...how is this done? is there a walk through that explains how to put together a whole flash site...basicly I need to understand the broad picture before I get to the details and right now I'm a bit confused
Thanks
Ariel

mgb
03-26-2001, 02:06 AM
Flash publishes a html page along with a .swf file (see File - publish settings) You can edit the html page like any html page or you can use Golive or Dreamweaver to place the swf in a 'home made' page.

~mgb

Jesse
03-26-2001, 02:49 AM
Flash movies are embeded into HTML-type coduments as OBJECTS, and all people with the Flash player can then view the movie.
As MGB stated, the basic code is outputted by the Flash publisher when you publish your Flash movie. Open Flash and create a simple movie, then press Shift-F12 to publish, or F12 to publish and preview in the borwser, simultaneously.

You can also use Ctrl Shift F12 to adapt the publish settings.
If you edit the HTML document which is outputted wiht the same name as the Flash movie, you will see the Flash movie code is all that between the <object> and </object> tags

Cheers

Jesse