PDA

View Full Version : AS 3.0 Books

jggretton
11-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Hello all, I'm a Web Developer spending most of my working day debugging my own AS 2.0 classes and most of my free time running away from my computer...

I need to start getting into AS 3.0 to keep up with the game, but no time at work, and I can't bare to spend anymore of my life in front of a computer so.....

Can any recommend an AS 3.0 book to give me a good kick start up the jacksy?

Thanks a lot,

James

Fingers
12-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Actionscript 3.0 Cookbook by Joey Lott is good. Also you might try printing out all of the AS3 related docs from adobe's website. Personally I'm using all of these, plus a set of training DVDs from Lynda.com.

Fingers

scottP
03-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I am a newb with ActionScript 3.0, so I got a Cookbook to help me learn it.
I am trying a lot of examples from the book but some examples have to call some classes from the custom made libraries "ascb", I downloaded the whole library but I don't know where should I put it, Can anybody help? I am using the Flash 9 preview to code.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

panel
03-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I am a newb with ActionScript 3.0, so I got a Cookbook to help me learn it.
I am trying a lot of examples from the book but some examples have to call some classes from the custom made libraries "ascb", I downloaded the whole library but I don't know where should I put it, Can anybody help? I am using the Flash 9 preview to code.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

example
import ascb;
you should create director called ascb in your project folder

scottP
04-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks panel,

It works.

Karen:)