PDA

View Full Version : Question for the FlexBuilder users

CDHBookingEdge
12-05-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm trying to remember how the code completion in MXML files works from within FlexBuilder. If you type: "<" does anything come up? From my memory not. And if you type "<m" nothing comes up right? and for that matter you can type "<mx" and nothing comes up right? But as soon as you type "<mx:" then you get the code completion options, is that right?

(Sorry for being so specific but I want to make sure I represent this correctly as the way it handles it.)

Also if you have your xmlns set up to include one of your components, something like this:

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
xmlns:mc="com.myComponents.*" layout="absolute"
frameRate="120" width="100%" height="100%" >

and then you type in "<mc:" doesn't it bring up the code completion based on the "stuff" in com.myComponents?

Now the rest of my questions are on a more aesthetic basis. If, instead of doing the above, when you typed "<" in an MXML file, it brought up the list of possible mx components, would you consider that a good or bad thing? Would that to you be a bug or a feature? (Theoretically being given the option of being able to switch between the two behaviors, by a program setting.)

Oh and one more question for you (Sorry), when you have <mx:Script> code in your MXML file, the code completion acts in the same way as if you were in an AS file. Is that right?

Thanks in advance, for (LOL) reading that, and for your feedback,
Christopher