PDA

View Full Version : Modifing Macc's pageflp

sophistikat
12-20-2006, 05:18 PM
I took his source code, modified it and came up with a clever, well.. we think its clever, way to uncover hidden messages.... check it out http://www.pomegranate.ca/xmas. I'm still making minor corrections so i wouldn't mind hearing your two cents.

has anyone every modified his code to do something other than a book?

Cota
12-20-2006, 06:39 PM
The one thing stands out right away is as the "page" gets pulled over the frame and rest of the viewable area, it becomes see through. Which, as I see it, shouldnt be the case.

I never really got into the "page flip" craze, so I've honestly never even looked at any source for the effect.

sophistikat
12-20-2006, 07:25 PM
The one thing stands out right away is as the "page" gets pulled over the frame and rest of the viewable area, it becomes see through. Which, as I see it, shouldnt be the case.you see it correctly but unfortunatly the designers got a little too photoshop happy and added too many elements and that one drop shadow cannot be avoided... se la vie.

I never really got into the "page flip" craze, so I've honestly never even looked at any source for the effect.me either and unfortunately all my research always ended at someone simply design their own book; i have yet to find someone who used the code to do something different like my posters... thanks for looking good looking...:eek: that's not going to sound right but i'm leaving it in :p

Cota
12-20-2006, 07:50 PM
as long as you didnt wink at me we're all good. Why cant you run a mask to hide the drop shadows with the page...or did you alreayd try that?

sophistikat
12-20-2006, 08:03 PM
i had thought about it but his script is all actionscript, 1000 lines of code and no comments so its not easy to find a way to do it... most importantly i was not giving a lot of time; the boys here decided on the funtionality without asking me if i can pull it out of my :eek:

Cota
12-20-2006, 08:06 PM
sounds painful..:p Maybe its something you could implement for the future. Something as simple as dragging a square mask with the page until it covers the picture frame.

astgtciv
12-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Personally, the transparency doesn't bother me. What does though, is that you have to drag the corner quite a ways before the page actually flips. I feel that there should be some inertia coded there - if I grab the corner and "throw it" towards the other corner (releasing the mouse somewhere in the middle of the page) - my itention is clear enough, it should flip open by itself. As it is, it feels a little "heavy" and "laboured". I had to do it several times before I got it right. Overall it's very cute, though, with the snow falling and the pages ripping off and flying away... good job!

astgtciv
12-21-2006, 07:21 AM
In addition, the page (e.g., the last on the right) should never get stuck open (having not flown away), half-blocking the view for the middle page.