PDA

View Full Version : mosquitodesign beta site is up

mosquito
03-27-2001, 08:19 AM
Hiya ppl, thanks to all you wonderful ppl i have managed to put up my site, in beta version though : )

There are alot of things i know i have to correct but before i do so, please let me know of any suggestions u have.
Please be kind, i have put alot of effort into this site, and alot of hard work, especially as i work i cant do it full time only after work hours.

Anyway hope u all like it, let me know what you think : )
Thanks again : )

p.s: YOU WILL NEED THE FLASH 5 PLUG IN

kingarturo
03-27-2001, 02:37 PM
Hi there,

Overall your design is clear and clean. Easy to navigate with only one flaw that I noticed. When I first arrive at the menu and I was rolling over the buttons, the about button activated on the rollover. Was it supposed to?

You're splash was cool. It looked like it took alot of work. I did have about 20-25 seconds staring at a grey blank screen before it started. I'm on cable. I also had a problem getting back to your site the second and third time. I just get the spinning cube with the mosquito.

My personal preferences would be a little more color and movement in the background. I mean that is what Flash is for after all. I would also take the white border around your movie with marginHeight = 0, marginWidth =0,.....etc.

Peace.

mosquito
03-27-2001, 02:43 PM
cheers for the critique, and changes are being made as we speak : )

The about me should come up after the navigator loads, and unfortunatley my ISP is not the best so connection to the site is a little troublesome at times.

Did u check out all the sections?
especially the 'Visions>Illusia' Section

kingarturo
03-27-2001, 06:42 PM
Hi there,

From what I remember, that section was pretty good. Some images took a little long to load so I never got to see it (about 10 - 15 seconds). I tried to go back in to your site but just like before I could not get in. All I get is your logo (spinning box with a mosquito inside). I would wait 1 minute and nothing would happen. I could not find a button to enter either. I'll empty my cache and try again.

Well I got back in and checked it out. There's some really good stuff in there. It looks like you got a handle on actionscripting. Keep it up and good luck.

Just got fix the problem of someone having to empty their cache to get back in.

Peace.

[Edited by kingarturo on 03-27-2001 at 01:50 PM]

mosquito
03-28-2001, 08:44 AM
cheers dude : )

any ideas why that might be happening?

kingarturo
03-29-2001, 01:29 PM
Whatever it was you fixed it with the "skip intro" button.

Peace.

mosquito
03-29-2001, 03:27 PM
cool, hope u liked the site, not bad for my first flash site