PDA

View Full Version : from word to the CMS content

devilmaycry
01-15-2007, 12:27 PM
hello,
i m trying to copy a tutorial from the word office software, but there is problem regarding the tags like it displaying some html tags in it like this line
[as]
</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in">next_btn.onRelease=function() {</p>

how can i solve this problem?

thank you.

CyanBlue
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Howdy... :)

I see two of your articles, but one of them never opens up for some reason... (Page even does not timeout...)
I believe you are talking about the Flash Photo Album article, right???

At any rate, did you choose to paste from the Word document rather than just pasting it from the Word??? I cannot give you an exact title because CMS page is not loading, but I believe there was a button or link called Paste from the Word or something similar... Try that if you have not done so yet... ;)

devilmaycry
01-15-2007, 01:56 PM
hello CyanBlue,
well i tried it now, and it gives this result

<p>var img_mcl=new MovieClipLoader();</p><p>var handler=new Object();</p><p>var pos=1;</p>

yes i m talking about the photo album.

thank you for your assisstance.
am i doning anything wrong i just copy paste!

thank you.

devilmaycry
01-15-2007, 02:00 PM
also i remember that i used "Increase Indent" in MS word do u think this is making the problem.?

CyanBlue
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
I guess this goes more to Jesse question...

Jesse
01-15-2007, 08:12 PM
It's because MS Word puts paragraph breaks between most lines when you copy over. Try this workaround:

Type things up in MS Word as you would normally
Copy
Use the Paste from MS Word feature
Wherever you have code to the end of the line and press the delete key. This will make the editor convert it from a paragraph break (<p>) to a line break (<br>) which it knows how to handle.

E.g. if your code was:

this.code = true;
//hopefully it shows up right

But it was showing up in the live preview as as:

this.code = true;</p>
<p>//hopefully it shows up right</p>

Or similar, you should be able to put your cursor after the "true;" and press delete once. You will notice the line jumps up a bit in the editor, then when you preview it should be OK...

Let me know how that goes.

devilmaycry
01-15-2007, 11:57 PM
ok, i see, but what if we have lots of code to show, or we shoudnt i dont know i m sorry i m writing a tutorial for the first time. i think its better for me to copy the code part from flash editor right ? i ll try it.

thank you.

devilmaycry
01-16-2007, 01:21 AM
ok the copy paste from flash, works, how can i signal if the tuto is ready to be viewed by the admin to approve or not, when its finished?
thank you.

Jesse
01-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah from anywhere other than Word should work for code.

To signal it's ready, please post a new thread on the "Content Postings / Updates" forums, in this group.