PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices from Friends Of Ed

Jesse
01-16-2007, 09:33 PM
We're working with Friends of Ed to arrange an excerpt from this title, as well as a review. What ActionScript.org needs is someone who will conduct the review and consider as they go, which chapter would be wisest for us to excerpt onto the site.

As always, post here if you are interested. I promised one of the authors a good quality review; that is, the review itself must be quality, you don't have to say nice things without justification.

More info on the title at http://www.friendsofed.com/book.html?isbn=1590595580 .

nathanpdaniel
01-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Hey I'd be interested. I've done book reviews for Codewalkers. I have no experience with Flashlite (yet tons with Flash). It'd be a good guage on how well the book is written! :)

Jesse
01-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Sounds good Nathan. About how long do you anticipate from receiving the book to complete the review?

If we can find a reasonable timeframe, I'll put the team at FoE in touch with you directly via the email address associated with your Forums account, unless you email me to say otherwise.

If others are interested, you may wish to post also. We may be able to get more than one copy of this one, if needs be.

CyanBlue
01-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Sure... I'd love to do one as long as it's got enough time frame... and you've got my email address, Jesse... ;)

nathanpdaniel
01-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Hey Jesse - the books I've done in the past have taken me a few weeks to really go through them. I'd say 2-3 weeks (provided it's like 500 pages, vs. 1000+) If that sounds good - the email from here is a good one! :)

Jesse
01-20-2007, 01:03 AM
OK, sounds good.

I'll try and set it up for you both and see what they say.