PDA

View Full Version : Sending Variables with 'getURL'

Hollywood_Dave
01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Howdy, Everyone!

I inserted this code into my banner for a campaign that I am running. The unique URL sends a value.

This is what the code looks like. Pretty darn simple:

on (release) {
getURL("http://www.mywebsite.com/go.php?id=LJCG68", "_blank");
}

Does this seem right to everyone? I wouldn't think there would be any issue with this. The URL works fine, but the values do not seem to be sent properly....

Hollywood_Dave
01-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Nevermind...problem wasn't with the code :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway!

CyanBlue
01-23-2007, 05:36 PM
It'd be great if you could tell us what the problem was... ;)

Hollywood_Dave
01-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Ah....well, what this URL does is sends a unique variable to a webpage so that when people fill out the 'request for information' form, it automatically creates a lead in our database and places it in a unique campaign rather than a generic lead pool.

However....these leads, I learned are only processed every 10 minutes by our server. Thus, the delays I was experiencing caused me to think something was wrong with my code, which there wasn't.

Cheers, everyone!

CyanBlue
01-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Gotcha... Hope it did not take that long to figure that delay... I know how it can be to my hair... :D

Hollywood_Dave
01-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Nope. Didn't take long at all. I have dedicated programming resources in India that take care of most of this silliness...but sometimes communication breaks down.

Thanks for the quick response though. It is good to see actionscript.org is still going strong. I have not been back here for a while. :)

CyanBlue
01-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Hehe... You've got to come back more often... ;)