PDA

View Full Version : new tutorial -- Blur Transitions updated

Flash Gordon
01-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Hey,

I posted a new tutorial (apparently 3 times). I need to edit the grammer, as tags, and upload the swf file soon. I just wanted to save it so that I can come back to it.

I'll post again when it is ready to go live.
:)

Cota
01-25-2007, 05:27 AM
get it ready damn you!

Flash Gordon
01-25-2007, 05:45 AM
hey....you kept IM-ing me :p

Okay...done!

Could someone please fix a line spacing issue in the as tags on IE (not FF).

I would like for the code to appear like this:

import flash.filters.BlurFilter;
import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.Strong;

var totalBlur:Number = 8;
var noBlur :Number = 0;

var blur:BlurFilter = new BlurFilter(totalBlur, totalBlur, 3);
girl_mc.filters = new Array(blur);

var blurTween:Tween;
girl_mc.onRollOver = function() {
blurTween = new Tween(blur, "blurX", Strong.easeOut, blur.blurX, noBlur, 1.0, true);
blurTween.onMotionChanged = function() {
blur.blurY = blur.blurX;
}
}

girl_mc.onRollOut = function() {
blurTween = new Tween(blur, "blurX", Strong.easeOut, blur.blurX, totalBlur, 1.0, true);
blurTween.onMotionChanged = function() {
blur.blurY = blur.blurX;
}
}

but no matter what i do it doesn't come out correctly.

Cota
01-25-2007, 06:13 AM
its been approved..too late.

CyanBlue
01-25-2007, 12:58 PM
You should still be able to edit the article, no???

Wait... It might be problematic if we allow the article to be editable once it is published... What if somebody create a Flash tutorial and get it approved... and edit it to include some nasty pictures once it is published??? Hm...

Flash Gordon
01-25-2007, 06:03 PM
I think the whole point is to allow authors to update the content. Perhaps when authors change something a simple email to Jesse notifying him of the change. I don't think blocking updates are a great thing. I've edited my a couple of times now: fixed spelling, grammer, changed words.....

But yes, I can edit the article still, but there is some display "bug" that makes IE render it differently than FF.

Cheerie-o

Jesse
01-26-2007, 12:55 PM
You should still be able to edit the article, no???

Wait... It might be problematic if we allow the article to be editable once it is published... What if somebody create a Flash tutorial and get it approved... and edit it to include some nasty pictures once it is published??? Hm...

Authors can edit content after it's posted, but it automatically goes back into the approval queue thereafter. It therefore doesn't show up in the article indexes, etc. The only issue is, if people have bookmarked it already, their bookmarks will still work.

Jesse
01-26-2007, 01:01 PM
PS - Is it just me or does the .fla attached to the tutorial not work? I have a strange suspicion you can only upload zipped FLAs (something to do with the CMS and how it handles attachments)