PDA

View Full Version : Frustration With Long MovieClip

JMLstudio
03-28-2001, 04:46 AM
I made a scrollbar that scrolls a movie clip left to right. The movie clip is 78 pixels tall, and 3017 pixels wide. The movie clip is made up of thumbnail png images. The problem is that the images on the right looks terrible. It looks like someone applied a horizontal motion blur or something. What's going on? How do I fix this? Is this because my movie clip is too long? The images on the left side looks perfectly fine, it's just the last 5 thumbnail png images that look like crap.

Thanks,
JML

Jesse
03-28-2001, 11:37 AM
If you mean it looks like someone has dragged the picture along the stage and left an imprint (onion-skin type look) you need to extend the boundary of the movie clip. See Flash, for some dumb reason, reaches he end of the movieclip and keeps duplicating the last bit so it can scroll forever.
Just add a white line (or a line the color of your background) 20 pixels off to the right of the last element, in the clip which your scroll and it should look fine. Adding anything will do the trick, just so long as your thumbnails aren't the extreme right of left of the clip.

Cheers

Jesse