PDA

View Full Version : Approval process

Cota
02-09-2007, 12:37 AM
ok, dumb question. The process for approving articles is straight forward, except, whats the take on an article that is nothing more than a link to another article on another site? Personally, I'd decline it, but I have left it pending in hopes that jason or jesse would make that choice. But its been sitting there for afew days now, so I figured I'd just ask. Again, personally, I'd decline it. The articles are meant for actionscript[org] not to shuttle our users off to some other site. But thats just me. Suggestions?

CyanBlue
02-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Ha... I was just doing the exact same thing as you did... ;)
I personally do not want to post an article which basically is just a link-back...

Cota
02-09-2007, 02:00 AM
so we're all in agreement.

CyanBlue
02-09-2007, 02:04 AM
I think so... ;)

Jesse
05-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Woah, sorry guys. I'm supposed to be notified whenever there's a post on these forums but apparently it's not working.

You're correct. We don't want to build a link database. Content is King and all that. I normally write to the author and advise them that they can recreate the content here instead.

Thx a lot, as always.

jayap469
02-23-2011, 05:09 AM
The process for approving articles is straight forward, except, whats the take on an article that is nothing more than a link to another article on another site? Personally, I'd decline it, but I have left it pending in hopes that jason or jesse would make that choice.
---------------------------

Jesse
02-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Our policy is to decline articles which are simply links elsewhere.

randunel
10-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Linked items can disappear at any time, so better decline them :) Keep content with links though :D

xdeath
10-29-2011, 11:13 AM
i think we should all start a partition. this is total rubbish, i've been waiting over a month now for my account to be approved and it said it should have been done in 48 hours!

here are the options we have at this point:
1. we give moderators the rights to approve these accounts.
2. seeing as the admins made it there task to do this, we either get different admins that will be more active or we get a few more admins.
3. we simply get rid of the approval system all together.

my vote goes to the first option!

mikeee741
07-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi
please do not rely on links it can be disappeared any time so it's better to decline them.