PDA

View Full Version : Flash & CSS instead of frames?

Head In A Pan
02-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey -
People keep crapping on about CSS - even a random drunk woman at a party on the weekend told me to get to know it... anyway...:eek:

I am well aware of how to get my swf to control content in another frame using the traditional html frames method.

Can the same thing be done with CSS?
Do I need a frame for flash to control?
Can CSS have frames?

Any wisdom would be very cool. :D

sknowlton
03-05-2007, 12:30 AM
from what i've heard, frames are slowly being removed from the overall picture of site navigation.
while i dont normally agree with drunk women, css does rock. but in a case where you would like the flash to change the page, but not reload everything (flash included), the only real method to do this is ajax. css couldnt really do this alone. my only comments on this topic would be that I would consider removing the actual navigation from the flash, unless the whole site is flash. if you want lots of motion and dont care as much about search engine optimization, go all flash. the current methods of the web, though, lean toward static, non flash or frame xhtml pages

css can be used in a frame if you cant part with frames. it is just code in the html page that shows up in the frame