PDA

View Full Version : tweened buttons wont work

ladyenoki
03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
I have a severe problem and im a total newbie at flash....my teacher couldnt understand what was going on.....im really hoping someone can help.

I made a website for my vodka product that i did last semester in graphic design.....that starts off with an intro....the buttons direct to scene 2 which is the home page. The navigation bar is on the bottom and when you roll over each of the 5 sections on it, the button name appears and the shape of the bottle in a simple solid color pops up....the submenu buttons slide in simultaneously.

Like for example, under the "about" button, the submenu's that slide in one on top of the other are "history" and "contact"...i want that when you click on the button, a movie starts playing on the left side with a water ripple...and then the contents for the button appears...and STAYS there until you roll off.....then the next button plays if you click it....

i have TRIED movie clips and lala it doesnt work...ive scoured the internet for days and no help......I also want to import a swf file that plays when you press the button but it in itself is like a photo gallery so the buttons need to work....

i tried to do everything ive found online or in these forums and nothing helps...

Please....if anyone can be patient and help me work through this i will SOOO appreciate it. Let me know if you need the .fla file!

Thankkkkk uuuu soo much my head feels like its gunna explode cuz i made a total mess in the flash file trying to get it to work....and it made it worse

:eek:

a.renji
03-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Like for example, under the "about" button, the submenu's that slide in one on top of the other are "history" and "contact"...i want that when you click on the button, a movie starts playing on the left side with a water ripple...and then the contents for the button appears...and STAYS there until you roll off.....then the next button plays if you click it....

Here's something really simple... create a new movieclip, and set put "stop();" in the first frame of that movieclip - begin your animation in the next frame - including your contents of the button. Put "stop();" on the last frame.

then:

btnButton.onRollOver = function (){
_root.mcMovie.gotoAndPlay(2);
}

btnButton.onRollOut = function (){
_root.mcMovie.gotoAndPlay(1);
}

loadMovie() is what you need to look up to load external SWF's...