PDA

View Full Version : [new game] going commando

killerskillz
03-09-2007, 02:46 AM
hi, I just finished a new game called going commando. lol what do you think?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/367550

thanks

lelales
03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
After I couldn't get past the firstlevel, I gave up. Though I went thrrough one solid play, and resterted and the music started doubling up.

I know this isn't easy to program, and I'm sure you spent a lot of time on it, but it could use some work.

Any way, good idea, and nice job, but today most computer games are built with a team of developers. No doubt you will soon be at the level you need to be to compete.

Keep on Kranking

tango88
03-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Well, it needs a lot of work. Here's my input:

1 The stage size is quite strange for a web-based game.
2 I couldn't help but notice the Times New Roman font
3 Your instructions say to press SPACE to jump, but I found that I had to press the up arrow.
4 The first level should be a bit easier.
5 The graphics are 'Atari'

on the positive side, the humor is good. When I saw the title, 'Going Commando' it really piqued my interest. the basic concept is there.

Any way, good idea, and nice job, but today most computer games are built with a team of developers. No doubt you will soon be at the level you need to be to compete.

Not so, the 'casual game' industry is booming thanks to mobile phones and devices. Many, if not most, of these games are developed by a single designer. Look at Tetris - still popular and a good programmer could whip that up in an hour or two.

Tango
www.flashbynight.com

God0fgod
04-07-2007, 03:35 PM
i found out that the man go's through the platforms sometimes. I think the stage should be bigger also it's annoying how the man jumps off the stage.