PDA

View Full Version : FLA file won't save frames.

eufonik
03-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Hi All,

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. I am new to the forum, and this looks to be a great place to learn.

Secondly, my question is that when I save my .fla file, I can see all the frames and components in the library. Then, when I close the file and reopen it, everything is gone except for one frame. What am I doing wrong here?

Please help!

Thanks. :)

CyanBlue
03-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Howdy and Welcome... :)

Well... I have never heard of such thing yet...
Let's do a quick test...
Create a new FLA file... Make it 10 frames long and put some content on those frames... Save the FLA file, close it and reopen it to see if you see them and let us know... ;)

eufonik
03-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the quick response, Cyan. I've attached a URL to my FLA file... Maybe you can take a look and see what the heck is going on, it's driving me nuts.

a.renji
03-15-2007, 06:11 PM
my guess is that you possibly saved it and closed it while you were working on a new timeline within a movieclip/graphic within one of your many frames on your root timeline... if thats makes sense...

eufonik
03-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Can someone take a look at the file and show me how to resolve that? I am really a n00b here... ;_;

This is the tutorial I was following, if that helps...
http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Sound-Button/21955

eufonik
03-15-2007, 07:22 PM
my guess is that you possibly saved it and closed it while you were working on a new timeline within a movieclip/graphic within one of your many frames on your root timeline... if thats makes sense...

Thanks a.renji, I think that might be the issue. When I clicked on the Symbol 1 button, it took me out of edit mode... Now how can I save this mode for later when I need to access the button again?

eufonik
03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Doh! Just double click! So stupid! Duh. Resolved! Thanks, all! :)

CyanBlue
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Mouse just did an amazing thing... :D Glad to hear that you solve the problem... ;)