PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling Text with Images in it ?

Neo Anderson
06-27-2002, 06:59 AM
Hi all

I just wants to know that in Flash5, can we put a vertical scrolling text with some images or some Flash objects in it ?????? can we group them & scroll them together in a specific area???

If anybody interested, I'll attach the design.

Is there any tutorial for the same???

pls help me

Thanks
Neo :cool:

CyanBlue
06-27-2002, 08:03 AM
I'd say yes if every elements(text field, graphics) are in one movieclip...
Tell me more and let's see what's coming out from there... :)

Neo Anderson
06-27-2002, 09:23 AM
Hi CyanBlue

Thanks for showing intrest in my problem...
I'm attaching the gif file of the design... pls. take a look...

You can see the light blue background, on that background you can see the text & the images of 'Download & Feedback'. there are other images coming under the text which you can't see it now, after scroll you can see them...

you can also see in right side the orange up & down arrows besides the light blue background, as we click on them, the text & the images will scroll vertically... up & down...

The light blue background is the specific area in which the text & the images scrolls...

I think this will help you to understand my problem...

Thanks
Sanjay

CyanBlue
06-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Hi...

This is the simplified version of what you want to do... Let me know if you have questions... :)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Cyan-Blue/Examples/scrollBarWithButtonTest.html
HTH

Neo Anderson
06-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Hey CyanBlue, Thanks a loooooooooooooooot!!!!!

That's what exactly I wanted to know!!!!!

You've made an example specially for me... so nice of you...

I've downloaded the fla file....
Now I've to see & study the example what you've given me & if I face any problem, I'll mail you.... can I mail you in your private Email ID???

Thanks again

Sanjay

CyanBlue
06-27-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi...

If you like the file, you will have to send me 2 cents, alrighty??? :)
And... I prefer staying on the forum, and that way you can get more support from other people too, know what I mean??? So... check the file out and let me know if you have any question...

Neo Anderson
06-27-2002, 11:06 AM
Hi CyanBlue
You'r talking about 2 cents?? I'll give you 2 dollers!!!! :D
for that 2 good flash file... actually its priceless.... ;)

I got it what you mean Cyan... I'll post my problems in this forum only.....

Thanks

SanjayTheNeo

CyanBlue
06-27-2002, 11:19 AM
Nah... It's okay... Whether it is 2 cents or 2 dollars, bank is going to charge more for the fee... Nah, we're cool... :)
If you find someone who you can help, just help them... That's how I got here and that's how you are going to get yourself into, alright??? :)
Keep posting...

Neo Anderson
06-27-2002, 11:38 AM
Hi CyanBlue
You made my life much easier... :)
Of course, I'll help others...
Thanks
SanjayTheNeo

simontheak
07-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Just thought that I'd say you've helped me a load too ... I was just about to post up the same question;)

CyanBlue
07-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Then you will have to wire me 2 cents too... :p

You're welcome... Glad to help you out... :)

Abelius
07-01-2002, 05:42 PM
That would make it 39 cents, considering that the US post stamps just went up again... :)

simontheak
07-01-2002, 06:29 PM
You're on to a fortune here :cool:

CyanBlue
07-02-2002, 03:06 AM
Um... Abelius... I say WIRE, not by the mail... hehe... Yup... it went up again... geez... up and up and up and up... Has it been at least a year since the last raise???

Yup... Fortune it is... Once that 2 cents gets 20 dollars... It will be the donation money for AS... Well... I wish I could do something physical and effective for AS, but not iwth $$$ especially when you have no job or no source of income... Dang... where did all the jobs go??? Anybody know where I can get a job??? Well... my brother-in-law told me to get a job at the McDonald... :p
Anyhow, as long as I get foutunate, AS will... :)

CyanBlue
06-09-2003, 05:28 AM
Since the site is gone... :D

JeremyToaster
05-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok so I want to use and modify your scroller with images, I actually don't need to use text at all, just images. The problem is the scroller refers to _root. stuff when determining scrolling and such.

I put all you info images and layers and frames into a movie clip called
CharacterScroller

I also want to make is scroll from left to right instead of top to bottom, I figure if i just rotate the movie clip and repostition the buttons that should work right?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

jeremy

CyanBlue
05-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Howdy... :)

Well... You don't really expect me to remember what's in that file that I made like nine months ago, right??? Post what you have and we'll start from there... :)

JeremyToaster
05-14-2004, 11:56 PM
Ok, so I decided to load the swf externally. It loads fine, it scrolls my images fine, problem, if I put

this._x = 150;
this._y = 235;

Into the loaded swf, the scroller function stops?

I'm using

on (release) {
loadMovieNum ("characterscroller.swf", 1);
}

On a button in my main swf file "characters" bubble

http://www.geezercomics.com/characterscroller.zip (loaded movie)

http://www.geezercomics.com/geezer.zip (main movie)