PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Tweening

markisr
06-27-2002, 05:53 PM
I am still about as much as a newbie as they come, but I can't figure this problem out for the life of me. I am trying to make a slide show and can't figure out how to do Alpha Tweening (the process of fading an image in or out)
I am trying to do it with JPEGs and plain shapes as well. How does this work??????? :D

CyanBlue
06-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Um... Did you make a movieclip with that JPEG file??? I think it should be a movieclip to apply alpha changes... :)

grimm
06-27-2002, 08:38 PM
a great way to do this is as cyanblue said. I've done it the same way but with a twist.

make a movie clip now each jpg should be a new layer in the MC
So for the first jpg on frame one should be a key frame then in frame (say) 5 put another key frame.
Right click on the first key frame and select motion tween. Do the same for the second key frame. (now here should be an arrow pointing from the 1st frame to the 5th frame.
no go to the 5th frame and select it.
On your instance panel select the effect tab and scroll down to you hit alpha. put that at 0.

Now from frame 1 - 5 the jpg will fade out.

hope that helps

jtocher
06-27-2002, 09:46 PM
If you're using Flash MX, you'll need to click on the graphic in the frame and in the properties window select 'alpha' from the 'color' dropdown menu. Change the alpha color to either 1% or 99% depending on if it's faded down or faded up. (Note: using the 1%/99% values fixes a problem we've had with image shift in Flash)

markisr
06-28-2002, 04:49 PM
Thanks for all the help you guys!! It worked and I am so happy :D You guys are the best

- Markis