PDA

View Full Version : can't make a MC to go to frame 1

anjelika
06-29-2002, 06:00 PM
I've tried all kinds of scripts already, I've searched this forum, but still can't get this to work.
I mean it shouldn't be that hard, but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I have a MC on the main stage and a button that has this actionscript:
on (release) {
_level0.MC.gotoAndPlay(1);
}
I've tried the _root way, but it didn't work either.
How do you do this guys?

CyanBlue
06-29-2002, 06:45 PM
It's working just fine... You just didn't see it because the circle was standing right there... :)

anjelika
06-29-2002, 07:26 PM
you're right CyanBlue!
It does work! I was going to make the circle bigger at the end of the MC but forgot to.
What my problem was in my other movie, I fugured it then, that my animation wasn't going if I was on a frame where that MC is not located. What I mean is my MC is on frame 71, but if I go to 72 and press the button nothing will appear at all.
Is there a possibility to make the animation go by pressing a button, but without having it on the frame.
Or is there a way to make it appear over _level2, when I press the button?

Thanks for your help Cyan!

CyanBlue
06-29-2002, 09:52 PM
Um... I don't quite understand your question, but you will have to have your movieclip somewhere on the stage to make it work... So... if you don't want the movieclip to be seen in the middle of the frames, you can either set the visibility of the movieclip to false or move it to off stage area... How's that??? :)

pixelwit
06-29-2002, 10:05 PM
Or you can llook into the attachMovie, loadMovie or loadMovieNum methods. All deal with placing clips on the stage dynamically. My guess is you'll benefit most from a good reading of the attachMovie Help section.

Be sure to search the forums and tutorials as well since this is a fairly common topic.

Hope it helps,

-PiXELWiT
http://www.pixelwit.com

anjelika
06-30-2002, 12:20 AM
I set the vivibility to false on the other buttons, and to true to the one that is supposed to show the animation, it works pretty good.
I didn't think of this way, and they didn't have that solution, when I've searched the forum, or at least I couldn't find it, so thank you very much, Cyan.
Thanks to PixelWit too