PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular SpectraVision

Abhijeet
03-30-2001, 08:49 AM
Hi,

This is my homepage and I have created it in flash5.
Which i find as one of the most advanced tools for web multimedia
It has great features to present thoughts and ideas very fluidely.

URL: http://www.geocities.com/abhijeet_chawan

Regards

Abhijeet Chavan
Multimedia Developer

loydthefarmer
03-31-2001, 06:06 AM
Things I noticed:

1. In the Intro noticemusic loops VERY easily.
2. I got some kind of script error on the main page.
3. Your scroll bar goes right to left but the function is up and down this is somewhat counter intuitive.
4. What does the eye thing do? is that an effect for efects sake?
5. Draing the menues is kind of counter intutive as well. Pluss I cant figure out if you have a function to close them of you have to drag them back... in that case people (like me) wont care enough to and the menues are transparent enough to make them, hard to read.
Over all the site looks great visuley but it has some bad interfaces that effect your image. Try to make usibilaty a priorety as well.

Good luck

elephant
03-31-2001, 04:49 PM
but i have to agree with loydthefarmer - usually you introduce something with your webpage and IT must be clearly visible and understandable from the first moments- if not there is a possibility that you may lose a visitor. so to make it short - if you sell your web design skills you MUST show them, but tie them together with the elements of the page that have some navigational or other purpose. you can show effects for effects separately when they choose to look at them.
alltogether nice job and forget the critics - the principles of design are not just "right way" and "wrong way"!
all the best,

Abhijeet
04-03-2001, 06:05 AM
Hi,

Loydthefarmer & Elephant

I am glad to here form your side, and the suggestions were of great importance. I agree that the site requires some extra effort of interacting, actually the theme is to make the visitor more involved in exploring the pages.

There are some drawbacks, making site more automatic it requires stuffed scripts and same level of debugging.

Spectra Vision is under evaluation and there will be appropriate modifications according the functionality, with great suggestions and support.

Regards

Abhijeet Chavan