PDA

View Full Version : What is this effect?

papalazarou78
04-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi
I've got a new site to do where I need to scroll up and down a fishing rod. I have found a golf club site where they section the club into sections and when you click on a section it shoots to that part of the club.
The site is http://www.taylormadegolf.com/pickone/ (you then need to pick one of the clubs to see the effect).
I'm not expecting somebody to tell me how to do this, but I could do with knowing what this effect is described as, so that I can search forums or google it to find some info.
Of course if you do want to supply me with a basic file I wouldn't mind ;) ;) but any help is greatly received.
Thanks
Wayne

neilmmm
04-28-2007, 08:55 PM
perhaps this will get you going .... you will want an _x tween though

import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.*;
golfClub1_mc.onRelease = function() {
var club:Tween = new Tween(golfClub_mc, "_x", Regular.easeIn, golfClub_mc._x, 20, 3, true);
};
golfClub2_mc.onRelease = function() {
var club:Tween = new Tween(golfClub_mc, "_x", Regular.easeIn, golfClub_mc._x, -230, 3, true);
};
golfClub3_mc.onRelease = function() {
var club:Tween = new Tween(golfClub_mc, "_x", Regular.easeIn, golfClub_mc._x, -460, 3, true);
};
golfClub4_mc.onRelease = function() {
var club:Tween = new Tween(golfClub_mc, "_x", Regular.easeIn, golfClub_mc._x, -700, 3, true);
};

papalazarou78
04-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Thats just what I was after! Thank you! I'm a bit of an actionscript beginner and find it a lot easier to take exisiting code and adapt to how I need it.

Thanks again
Wayne

neilmmm
04-28-2007, 10:11 PM
no prob