PDA

View Full Version : Alpha on imported images in ICEplayer ?

Tankshell
07-05-2002, 10:31 AM
Hi guys,

Firstly, great set of Flash related tools you got going there, keep up the good work and don't let it fizzle out and die like the majority of these progs do!

Right, I have a question relating to the Windowless ICEplayer.

I have just downloaded the trial version to evaluate it and see if it's what I am after. Initial impressions were very good. I tried opening some flash movies I have stored on my mahcine and they all seemed to work correctly...all but a select few....

I have done some testing and this is what I have found.

There seems to be issues with the alpha channel on imported images. If you import an image (in my case they were gifs) and then place them into graphic symbols, then do a motion tween that makes them fade in from alpha 0% to 100% they will disappear as soon as they hit 100%!!!

The area on the stage that the images occupy will become transparent!!

I have discovered that if you set a maxlimit of 99% alpha the images will stay on screen without disappearing.

Just thought I'd let you know of this bug in the current version of the player.

System specs are Win 2000, Flash MX, and the latest version of the Flash player.

Cheers.

Mentor Lee
07-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Hi, TankShell,
Thanks for you feedback.

I tried to do it as following your steps, but it seems to work fine on my machine.

Would you please send the .swf to [email protected], it will help us to figure out this issue! Thanks

Tankshell
07-05-2002, 12:03 PM
Ok I will email you the files asap.

Cheers.

Tankshell
07-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Hi guys,

Any success analysing those 4 files I sent you by email ? Have you discovered what is causing the problem yet ?

Cheers.

Mentor Lee
07-09-2002, 12:00 PM
Hi, Tankshell
We found the solution is to re-save your .gif/.png with transparent setting.

Please open your .gif/.png file into image editing tools, and save it with the transparent setting. Then please use the new .gif/.png file in your flash project, it should be work fine with iceProjector.

The JPEG has no problem on this issue!

Thanks for your feedback!

Tankshell
07-09-2002, 12:27 PM
I am not sure as to what you mean. My original images do not have any transparent areas...so how will I make the image transparent ???

Thanks again.

Mentor Lee
07-09-2002, 02:58 PM
You may use Ulead PhotoImpact or smartsaver, and just check the transparent check-box. You don't need to specify the transparent color.