PDA

View Full Version : Multiple FLVs, FLV continues when another clicked - how to stop?

sasquatch95
06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
hi, I'm having a slight problem with my movie. I have an FLVPlayback component and 4 FLV files with links. The links all work and FLVs play in the FLVPlayback component. When you click on one of the links it will start playing, then when you click another it will start playing - which sounds good, but if you go back to the first one your clicked-on, it picks up in middle, elapsing as if you never clicked on the second one. is there some sort of attribute that can make the video start from the beginning when the the link is clicked? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

LOLFlash
06-18-2007, 06:04 PM
use contentPath properties

sasquatch95
06-18-2007, 07:42 PM
well, I have the contentPath set up to progressive play the FLVs which all play. the problem is when one is playing, click on a link to start another one, then click back to the previous FLV it will have continued to play. I'd like it to re-start each time the link is clicked.

LOLFlash
06-18-2007, 09:50 PM
could you attach an example

sasquatch95
06-18-2007, 10:14 PM
attached is the copy of the file.

The first video works correctly. If you click the first one and watch it, click the second, then go back to the first, it re-starts the video and plays from the beginning. None of the others do, which is the problem.

Ex. click the second video, then the third, then go back to the second and you will see that it kept playing. It's a bit hard to explain, but it should make sense when you view the FLA.

Thanks again in advance for taking a look :cool:

LOLFlash
06-18-2007, 10:33 PM
I see the problem but need some time to follow your logic