PDA

View Full Version : XML Galleries

englishtom
06-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi All,

This is my first post.. I dont really have a specific question Im more looking for a couple of pointers on where to start..

I know what I want to do, for a photographers website I want to use an XML sheet to list all the galleries and their urls.. then use flash to read that list, create the menu.. open the url of the first gallery and read a second XML sheet with a list of all the photos names in that directory.. and dynamically create a slideshow on the page which will be 3 pictures and a left and right button which when clicked will scroll the pictures either one to the left or one to the right bringing on the next or previous picture in that gallery.. and the gallery is changed using the menu generated from the first xml list.. my problem is I really dont have a huge amount of actionscript knowledge and Iv probably picked quite a difficult project to start on but oh well.. could anyone point me towards some functions in the actionscript dictionary that Im gonna need or maybe a tutorial?

I know thats very vague so thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Tom

hangalot
06-19-2007, 01:05 PM
this thread should be moved to as2 or as3 sections i think