PDA

View Full Version : "Drag bar" jumps to the middle when pressed.

GLHeX
07-24-2002, 02:05 AM
Hello

Im currently working on a portfolio site and upon finishing my updates box (scrolling text box) Ive noticed everything works great besides the scroll bar.

If you try to scroll up and down with the scroll bar it will -Jump- to the middle of texe "scroll track" and stop, but then will allow me to scroll freely on only the bottom half of the box. I wont let me scroll on the top half.

I can navigate it fine with the buttons though.

I used this tutorial

http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials/advanced/Dynamic_text_with_scrollbar/index.shtml

Since im rathe new to Actionscript I cannot find the problem.
Ive tryed modifying it with no such luck.

If anyone has an idea as to why/how this is happening and maybe a fix =) that would be great!

Thanks for reading.

gl

Jesse
07-24-2002, 02:23 AM
Erg, that being an old tutorial it's likely to be difficult to diagnose. Perhaps try one of the other Intermediate tutorials which use Flash 5 syntax which makes it a lot easier. Or even the built in scroll bar in Flash MX. You can post your file here (cut it down so it just includes the problematic bit please) and I'll take a quick look but diagnosing it may be a harder job than remaking it.

GLHeX
07-24-2002, 03:02 AM
Okay cool thanks.

I used a more -up to date- tutorial and got the results I was looking for =]

Plus reading/doing multiple tutorials never hurts, ive learned a lot from the ones ive read and picked up a few tricks.

Thanks for the reply

gl